Dreams

I believe Randy Pausch was able to to achieve his childhood dreams by actually trying for them. No matter how far fetched they seemed, he went after them. He also didn't try for them all at once. He was patient and took his time with them. It is a good lesson to learn and remember when we try to go after our dreams!

I think dreaming is very important. There almost seems to be a negative connotation that comes when you call someone a dreamer. Like all they want to do is wish for things but they don't actually know how to do the work to achieve the dream. I don't think that's always the case and wish the negative connotation would be done away with when called a dreamer. When you dream for something, you have something to work towards, look forward to, and something to hope for in the future. It would be hard to be excited about life or the future if we didn't hope and dream for things!

A dream that I had as a child was to model or act. Seems kind of silly to me now and almost kind of out of touch but it was something as a child I thought I could be good at. Now that I'm grown up, I don't have that childhood dream anymore but that's not to say that I didn't try for it. I did end up doing very small modeling jobs and videos for a friends company. They were fun to do and I learned a lot but ultimately I discovered that I am not comfortable being in front of the camera and you kind of have to love the camera to do modeling! I'm glad that I tried it and learned from it but ultimately found that it wasn't for me. We can form new dreams as we grow and mature to find what will make us happy and fulfilled. 

Comments