What is my calling?

     I read some interesting things this week about who people can become who they want to be. It made me feel like I could be doing so much more with my life and that I'm meant for so much more. The problem, is that I don't know what that is. I don't feel passionately about anything particular in life aside from my family, so I'm not sure what I should do with my life professionally. I feel that there are a lot of things that I could do and be happy doing them, but are they my "calling"? I'm just not sure how to figure how what it is that I'm meant to do at this point in time, but I'm hoping that future readings and time will help at least narrow it down. 

    One reading that I really enjoyed and really hit home for me was, “Living Life As An Entrepreneurial Hero”. As I read through it, it made me feel like I really did have something to offer to the world and that I can do something meaningful. I thought it also put things into perspective really well because it basically said, don’t plan on the road to success being easy. There will be a lot of failures, but hopefully they are small and inexpensive. I think one of the biggest things to remember whenever if and when one might fail, is the learning and experience that they gained from it. That’s not always easy to remember in the middle of a failure, but it’s important nonetheless.

              What I’m really hoping is that after I’m finished with this latest semester in school, that I will at least be a little bit closer to knowing what I want to do and how I want to make a difference in the world. I know that I am meant for something great, and I guess that I’ve been waiting for it to land in my lap but most things in life are not given to us, so I need to do my part and work to figure out what it is and dream big.

 

 


Comments