Perserverance

 The clear message I got out of my readings and lesson this week was of determination and tenacity. I think a lesson that every person needs to learn on this Earth is perseverance. What kind of people are we or how successful can we be, in not only business, but life if we quit at the first sign of challenges? I don't think that means that we can't ever quit on things BUT I think that there needs to be the proper effort put in to at least try for success. I know there are plenty of marriages, business's, relationships, etc. that failed because of lack of effort put in. On the other hand, I know plenty that failed even when great effort was put in. The difference is that they TRIED to succeed and didn't give up without a fight.

My husband and I actually had a discussion with our tween son earlier this week on this very subject. He plays for a traveling soccer team and signed up to play with them for a year last June. He has become interested in other sports and now wants to quit soccer mid year. My husband and I had a sit down conversation with him and told him that he made a commitment to play with his team for the year. We understood that he may have developing interests in other sports, and that's okay! But he needs to honor the commitment to his team and follow through with it. If he decides at the end of the year that he still doesn't want to play, he doesn't have to anymore. It's a tough lesson to learn but I think a necessary one. 

I know there have been times in my life that I haven't finished through with something and I have always regretted it. I have never regretted finishing through with something that I started, probably because I know I gave it my all and that is priceless. 

Comments